There’s a lot to think about in getting married. It can be a bit overwhelming. You want your ceremony to be ‘just right’, to reflect who you are, to go smoothly and to finish with being 100% legally married!
* Initial meeting to discuss your wedding
Who are you and what is important to you both? What do you want as a part of the ceremony? Do you need ideas? Where are you getting married? What is the tone of your wedding? Do you want any religious aspects? We can chat together and put together a plan that you both feel comfortable, happy and relaxed about AND that reflects your personalities and journey thus far
* Marriage License advice. You want to ensure that you have the right documents, in good time and ready to go on the day. I can provide you with the correct forms as well as help and instruct you in this to ensure it goes without a hitch. If you are applying for your marriage licence from overseas, I can pick it up from the local registry office.
* Contacts for pre-marriage courses. I heartily recommend every couple getting married go through a pre-marriage course (though not compulsory of course). This will set you up to have the healthiest flourishing marriage possible! I can provide contacts or materials for these courses upon request.
* Fully comprehensive ceremony and vows planning pack. I have a comprehensive document I send all couples that has a wealth of suggestions / ideas / guidance / norms and traditions that cover your wedding ceremony and vows. Within this there are wordings , readings and mini-ceremonies you can choose from and we can adapt to suit you as a couple. It’s a great place to start and will help you extensively in planning your ceremony. I will also tailor an address just for your wedding if you would like that, and of course ensure everything flows nicely from start to finish. Feedback has indicated that this is an extremely helpful resource!
* Further meeting or telephone conversation. If you feel it is necessary we can have another meet up or phone conversation closer to the day. However, in most cases dialogue over email is sufficient. My main concern is that you feel 100% relaxed and happy with the ceremony plan, whatever that takes.
* Rehearsal 1 – 3 days prior. I have a background in event management so I feel a rehearsal is particularly important. It’s great to be able to have the bridal party, father of the bride (if he is walking the bride down the aisle) and any others participating in the ceremony. Logistical matters such as how to give a bride away, timing of walking up the aisle, walking in high heels on wooden floors or grass, where should people stand, when and how the bride and groom should hold hands etc are important. I have attended too many wedding ceremonies that have too many awkward moments as people try to work this out on the spot! By walking through the ceremony, practicing and trouble shooting these aspects you will feel a lot more relaxed on the day – both you and your guests will enjoy it much much more.
* The big day! On your wedding day I will be there half an hour beforehand to liaise with the venue contacts and personnel, help with any last minute setup and ensure all music etc is cued correctly. I provide a sound system with ipod input and cordless microphone to ensure that everyone can hear and feel a part of your ceremony at no extra cost. (NOTE: I have recently upgraded this sound system and it is of very high quality – so you need not have any nerves of technology letting you down on the day. This is also available should you need it for the reception speeches etc – conditions apply.) Your special ceremony will commence and the declaration as Mr and Mrs will be celebrated!
* After the wedding, you won’t have to deal with the paperwork – I will arrange to give your signed legal marriage certificate to a responsible guest who can pass it on to you the next day (we will confirm who this is at the rehearsal) and the other copy will be posted straight to the registrar of marriages. You can relax!
Cost of full celebrant services including all of the above is $550
*Travel outside Tauranga incurs further cost and will be quoted at the time of enquiry.